HDD is a method used for installing underground utilities (water, sewer, electricity, gas, telecom). HDD has a minimal impact on the surrounding area and it is ideal for environmentally-sensitive areas such as under roadways, waterways or developed landscapes. HDD can be price competitive with open cut methods considering the reduced restoration cost and low social cost.
Bermúdez, Longo, Díaz-Massó introduced the HDD division which specializes in planning ,drilling route design and installation of underground infrastructures, such as: pipelines, electrical cable and telecommunication cable. Leader in the market, BLDM has the most advanced HDD machinery. Our personal is highly qualified and they are certified Vermeer directional drilling operators. Also, we have a vacuum excavator service that is a safer method to make a soil pothole excavation without damage to a utility. We are committed to deliver projects focusing on safety, quality and the environment.
- Certified Vermeer operator
- HDD minimizes restoration and allows infrastructure to be installed in areas inaccessible by traditional open-cut methods
- More footage achieved per day with HDD vs Open trench
- 4200 ft-lbs of rotational torque ideal for all kinds of soil
- Vacuum Excavator service
- 82.9dB of sound makes quieter drills, contributing to less neighborhood disturbance
- Experience, Quality and Safety Culture